Sunday, May 17, 2009

Time for a haircut

It's been an exhausting couple of weeks, to say the least.

In the nick of time - or should I say by a stroke of divine grace - I found out that if we were to return to Singapore in June as planned, and if I resumed work on 1 Jul, when baby #2 arrived I would not have accumulated enough days of service to qualify for paid maternity leave.

Thank God for supportive bosses, a last minute change of plans means I fly off next Sunday with little tyke, and start work a month early on 1 Jun.

In turn, it means pushing forward the packing, saying the good-byes, and prepping for transition back into life in Singapore by 3 weeks.

For little D, it means it's time for a haircut, so that he'll look cute enough for grandpa and grandma, and gong gong and ah-ma in a week's time!

At almost 2.5, he's able to now look into the mirror and appreciate that he's getting his hair cut with some aplomb, without the previous need for distractors like a video in the portable DVD player! From the proud mommy -

haircut time!
stretching my hand out to put that sultana into my mouth

cool in the barber shop
bye bye hair

No comments:

Post a Comment