Saturday, July 26, 2008

Food - Triumphs and Defeats

My pride and joy this week - improving on an internet Lasagne recipe from Exclusively Food with the addition of spinach and cottage cheese layers:

IMG_4677

Inspired by a much better attempt at a recent gathering, I decided to cook spinach with a touch of minced garlic, and added cottage cheese mixed with egg and milk as a more healthy alternative to the full beef mince layers. No complaints from the hubby on this one!

Having said that, I'm afraid that I'll never reach the levels of food blogging by others from whom I have much to learn. A couple of their blogs have been life savers for me:

My Little Cyberspot

Little Gastronomy

Some of my not so successful attempts this week include under-cooked potatoes and over-baked pumpkins and sweet potatoes. I also learnt that as much as I like a recipe, it's pretty pointless if the audience I'm cooking for can't appreciate the main ingredients. Ok, so no more pumpkin, sweet potato, parsnips, cauliflower from now on.

Quite on a separate note, we went toboggan riding today at Mount St Gwinear, a snow slope within Baw Baw National Park, just an hour's drive from here. Read more about it at Toboganning.

IMG_4700

Poor Dylan took a couple of falls on his head after losing his balance in his snowsuit. None the worse for the wear though, thank God! But it is a reminder to me that God's protection is so so important - because we can do all we can to be careful about preventing accidents, but ultimately when they happen anyway we can only quickly react to provide Dylan with comfort and care, and pray that God sustains him!

IMG_4783

No comments:

Post a Comment