Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cheesy Macaroni and Tuna Bake

After our encounter with the surly magpie last week, we were in the mood for some comfort food, to remind ourselves how good it is to be alive. Heh.

I had a bit of macaroni and tuna in a can left to use up, so I decided to do a variation of an Annabel Karmel recipe for macaroni and cheese.

Essentially, I added some tuna and leftover scrambled eggs to the cheese sauce. The original recipe calls for a ramekin, a small ovenware for 1 serving, which, unfortunately I do not have. So I used the 6-muffin baking tin instead, which meant that the servings were quite small.

Tuna Pasta Bake (set)

Then again, I was cooking for a small eater, so it turned out to be quite alright in the end. What makes this a tasty treat is the breadcrumbs and grated parmesan topping - even the daddy liked it!

A close-up of what turned out to be a hit, one of the rare times you see the tyke finish his entire serving.
Tuna Pasta Bake close up

Hmm. Think I may just go buy me some ramekins after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment