Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chicken a la Carte

My sis-in-law A emailed this video link, and watching it made me cry.

Produced by one Ferdinand Dimadura and set presumably in the Philippines (or maybe Indonesia?), it's titled "Chicken a la Carte".

"How can your laughter bring tears to my eyes?"



I suppose one sobering effect of the world financial crisis is that it makes us more sensitive to the plight of the underprivileged, our fellow brothers and sisters who form the underbelly of society who literally eat out of the refuse of the affluent, and yet have the spirituality and joy de vivre that put me to shame.

And here we are living in plenty, providing our sons and daughters with more than they can or want to eat, and we end up throwing the excess away without consideration. Something I hope to show Dylan when he is old enough to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment