Monday, April 06, 2009

Home Made Play Dough

With Easter just around the corner, the schools are taking two-week Easter break, and so are Dylan's usual playgroups and lessons.

That means this mommy will have to think up new, inexpensive ways of keeping the little tyke occupied. That can only mean one thing: home made play dough!

I got this recipe from K, a lovely grandma who makes the play dough for playgroup, and found to my relief that, no it doesn't mean I have to sacrifice a pot to make it. Real easy.

You will need:
1 cup plain flour
1 cup water
1/2cup of salt
1 tablespoon oil
2 teaspoons cream of tartar (which I didn't have so I used baking powder instead)
Food colouring


Mix all together cook on low heat until a workable consistency. You will know when to take it out of the saucepan.


D doesn't quite know what to do with it just yet, but he looked like he had fun stabbing it with the mixing spoon...
home-made play dough

And naming the things that I fashioned out of the dough. Precious. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment