Friday, February 15, 2008

Dinners

A simple joy that I've been indulging in - to the detriment of my waistline, is going out for a good meal with friends.

Yesterday being Valentine's Day, the girls from L&L found a place in Boston where ladies got to bowl for free, so I decided to join in the fun.

At King's Bowl, I ordered an eggplant, portabello mushroom and goat cheese tortilla wrap for dinner, and was inordinately stuffed. My friends each ordered an alcoholic drink (or 2) but I thought I should just stay away from the alcohol. My friend Tamra then handed out stickers - a letter "S" if you were single, and a letter "M" if you were married. No points for guessing which sticker I ended up sticking on myself!

Cate & I

a little under-exposed, but you get the idea how dimly lit the place is!
Allison, Tamra & Heather

Last week being Chinese New Year, the Singaporeans also rounded up to have dinner. I had dinner with two groups of friends over two nights, but silly me I only remembered to take photos during the second night. We gathered because as Singaporeans any excuse to go out to eat good food is excuse enough to meet up! Also, having each others' company over this festive period sure beats spending it alone at home moping.
CNY Dinner 1
CNY Dinner 3Esther, Mary, YX

No comments:

Post a Comment