Monday, December 29, 2008

In Retrospect

For this post and maybe the next ones, as the new year dawns on this little family, I'm going to indulge in a little retrospection.

A year ago, the joy of watching our firstborn turn a full year was tampered with the sadness of having to leave him behind while both of us pursued our personal academic and career goals. This year finds both parents spending 24/7 with him, this Mommy now on a no-pay leave and the father taking a 2 month break from med school after passing his first year with flying colours.

What a vast difference a year makes!

See the difference?
This year:
IMG_7592.JPG
Last year:
happy birthday!


In retrospect, if only I had a little more faith and was less fraught with the emotional burdens of a mother leaving her child behind, I'd have spent more time enjoying this little boy, and less time feeling guilty.

But looking ahead, I'm not sure if I can say for certain that I'll have the wherewithal meet the challenges next year brings, or at least be any more confident about it.

Just have to keep telling ourselves, baby steps, baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment